Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Not always picture perfect

Have you ever had one of those days when life just isn't going the way that you wanted or pictured it to be? I'm not really having one of those days, but completely just having a blah day. I was thinking about the posts that I put on this blog. Almost all of them are of these picture perfect moments. Most of the time, it's simply so that I don't forget. But, today I just simply wanted to post the truth. I didn't do much. Today, I took Ryan and Kyle to school, took Joshua to the doctors, made breakfast for Jason (the older boys fend for themselves), worked on some stake girls camp stuff, watched biggest loser on the Internet, and fell asleep watching biggest loser. Here is what is funny, even after doing those few things, here are a few of the things I still need to do today: meet Sister Elsmore at the stake center to plan the menu for girls camp, take Josh to baseball practice, make dinner, meet the YCL's for a meeting tonight at the stake center, go to a special education meeting at the middle school to volunteer to be on the district special education committee, and write a 750 page essay for my English class by 12:00 midnight. Is it OK that I want to wave a magic wand and have these things all done for me? I just don't want to do it today, but know that I should. So, I am now confessing that this little post was very therapeutic. I don't even know if anyone ever reads my posts, but I am now done being a normal person and off to work on the picture perfect day!

2 comments:

Janet said...

I read your posts! And when you find that magic wand, pick one up for me, please! Good luck with all you have to get done.

LaDawn said...

I read your posts too! And I love you for being normal. I have those days...A LOT!!