Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy

Kids can be so creative when they what to do something they know that they can't do on Sundays. My brother Steven came to church a couple of weeks ago for the first time in several years. He brought my nephew Corey and he asked if he could go to primary with Joshua. Steve was not happy, 1 hour of Sacrament was long enough for him. So not to disappoint his son they stayed. After church, I went to find my boys, Terry and Steve. What I found was my boys agreeing with Steven to go to In-n-Out for lunch. When I said No, I got lots of moaning and crying of please, please, please. I always thought when the parent says No that's what it meant however, my brother must of heard different! Do you see where I am going with this? The boys drove home with Steven (we live 3 minutes from the building). Terry and I pull up into the driveway, no Steven. 5 minutes later they pull up with In-n-Out. When we talked about the whole keeping the Sabbath Day Holy, Joshua says: "Mom, it's okay because Steve is inactive and he paid". Man, am I in trouble or what?

3 comments:

Janet said...

That is hilarious! Seth has similar reasoning. He tries to get us to stop at McD's on the way home every Sunday. He tells us when church is over it's not Sunday anymore.

Jessica said...

Too funny!! Sounds like something my kids (or even my husband) would say.

LaDawn said...

Sounds like we all have some heathens living within the walls of our own homes!!